Magma Beast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black 2/ White 2

2 posters

Go down

Black 2/ White 2 Empty Black 2/ White 2

Post  PokemonAce101 Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 pm

We all now Black and White 2 have been out for a couple weeks now, and multiple people have diffrent takes on the game. Most so far have been positive praises of it's new design.

myself, I really like it's overhaul in HUD and Just the completely new story with returning characters. If i had to rate it, I'd give it a 9.5/10

What's your take on the game?
PokemonAce101
PokemonAce101

Back to top Go down

Black 2/ White 2 Empty Black 2/White 2: Thoughts?

Post  ZenParadox Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 am

The games have been out for a few weeks now, but did we get something fresh, or a cheap rehash? It is easy to pick on Gamefreak for producing direct sequels set in the same region, but then again, these are done very well. First of all, this is far better than if they had simply made ANOTHER 3rd game (i.e.: grey), because THAT would have been a cheap rehash, with a slightly different story and a few new events. With these games, they went above and beyond, just like the first, by providing us with fresh, original Pokemon games with intriguing plots that really break the mold of Pokemon tradition thus far.
There is a memory link feature that gives us further insight into the stories of other in-game characters. There are Hidden Hollows, which gives us the opportunity to catch some prime Hidden Ability Pokemon. The Join Avenue is not only a great place to buy goods, but it gives us more control over our EV training than ever with the Dojo, Salon and Barber. It also seems that, this time around, the level of difficulty in battles has increased from the past games, making for a greater challenge. Also, Keys have been introduced which can raise or lower the games difficulty level, something never done before. In addition, we have the choice between nearly 300 Pokemon, many of which are popular favorites.
So far, I have talked good about this. But, all is not perfect. After all, about 50 of the 300 Pokemon are inaccessible until post-game, including Leafeon and Glacion, and the Daycare as well, which means that those of us obsessed (like myself) cannot breed those perfect IV/Natured Pokemon until later. The strength of the plot sometimes faltered, and I felt like I was just fighting mean ol' Team Rocket again. Although, the support of ex-team plasma always kept the plot very distinguished, especially with the philosophy explored. Also, the conclusion to such minor events from the first game, such as the Ghost of Marvelous Bridge, made me squeal with delight.
Okay, I am finding it REALLY hard to keep finding bad things to say about this game. um. hmm...
I loved the Pokemon breeders that could be rebattled, as they have proven invaluable to my level grinding. I love the exploration of characters and legendary Pokemon. I love the progress of time from the previous game, from the completed construction to the decay of Relic Castle. I love the new cities. I love the polished battle HUD. I love the Free Space bag. I love the achievement system in the Medal Rally. I even love the simple fact that they brought the previous story full-circle with a great new romp in a part of the Pokemon world. I recommend it. The only way you could hate it, without hating Pokemon, is if you are prejudiced against new generations of Pokemon, in which case, stop buying the games and quit whining. The Pokemon Universe only keeps getting better. I look forward to see what is next. For now, these games are well done and will keep me happy for at least another year. I just finished obtaining each of the regional Pokemon except Meloetta, soon I will catch 'em all.
Comments?
ZenParadox
ZenParadox

Back to top Go down